Captain Dennis Lehan

Captain Francis Shoemaker

1St Lt Noe Nelson*

John P Denny*

2nd Lt Israel Cramer; see below

Orson Ballou*

1st Sgt Alfred R. Hill

Basil Trombla

Sgt Ranatus Heller

Albert Dean

John Winters

William Perrin*

William Pemberton*

Corp Leroy Smith-killed Utoy Creek

James House*

Jackson P. Sager*

Andrew Trapp- killed Utoy Creek

Cyrus Salsbury*

Mabry Van Fleet

Morris Hanford

John Farner*

William Dibble

William Lose*

Martin Huftil

Musician Richard Herbert

John Eastwood


Abbott James Abbott Lucius All* Francis Bates Thomas Batt* Levi Bemis* William Black* William Blystone* William Boucher* Jacob Brown John Bulger Henry Burds* Noah Chauter Nelson Clutter Andrew Coon* Almon Cramer John Crepps* David Cunnings Ira S Curtis Levally R Dart David Davis Philander Dicken Isaac Disher* Christian Duck John Eckert* Isaiah Gallmer Jacob Gistwete Samuel Hahn* Valentine Hall* Archillus Higgins Dennis Hoat Cyrus Holt John P Holt* William Jay William H Laflore Dominic Laflore Oliver* Lapoint* Joseph Lonergan Martin Lucas Ranatus McNutt William Mcnutt Stephan Mills Robert Miller* McConnell Mitchell Francis Monroe Spencer Morris George Navarre David Navarre Isadore Patten George Payne John B Pelkey* William Phillips Lyman Pinkerton George Rathbun* Benjamin Riley James Ruckle* John Sawyer Ira B Saugston George Saugston Isaac Scott Rufus Shinker Andrew Shoults Benjamin Skehan John Spade Samuel Stebbens Cuyler Stewart Jacob Switzer Jacob Trapp Elias Waggoner George Ward Charles Wible* George Whitman Harrison Whitemore Frederick Wilcox* George E

George Washington Morris was born in Seneca Co., Ohio in 1838, the son of James N. and Mary (Phillips) Morris. He was raised there in Thompson Township. His mother died when he was a young child and his father remarried to Elizabeth (Johnson) Pemberton whose son William Pemberton also served with George in Co. F. The family moved to Spencer Township, Lucas Co., OH around 1853. On June 27, 1861 George W. Morris was united in marriage with Jane Catherine Haynes, daughter of Anderson and Mary Ann (Wiltse) Haynes. Jane's sister Johanna married George's brother, William H. Morris. About a year later, George enlisted on July 28, 1862 at Frankfort, Ohio as a private in Co. F of the 100th Ohio Infantry. He would be a part of a large family contingent that served their country, including a brother, a half-brother, two stepbrothers, two brothers-in-law and a father-in-law. George served until August 16, 1865 when he was discharged at Louisville, KY. About 1866, George and his wife relocated to Courtland Township, Kent Co., MI. A number of George's siblings also settled there as well. One son and eight daughters were born to George and Jane in Michigan: Clinton, Eva, Chloe, Lena, Lulu (St. Clair), Gertrude (Ryan), Carrie (Olds), Grace and Georgia (Dorman). George worked as a general store and railroad agent and also was a farmer. In 1888, he became the first postmaster of town Evans, a small corner of Courtland Township. George's health was affected by his years in the war. In 1890 he applied for a military pension, citing: "...That he is now disabled by hernia, sunstroke and anclylosis of right wrist which is a running sore..." A pension document dated July 1, 1891 cited "...right inguinal hernia, disease of the heart and injury to right wrist..." George would in fact die four days later of heart disease. He passed away on July 5, 1891 in Courtland Township, Kent Co., MI. He was laid to rest in Courtland Township Cemetery where his tombstone was proudly inscribed: GEO. MORRIS CO. F 100TH OHIO INF.

William H. Pemberton was born July 14, 1837 in New York, the son of Simon J. and Elizabeth (Johnson) Pemberton. He moved to Ohio as a child and lived in Thompson Township, Seneca Co., Ohio and then Spencer Township, Lucas Co., Ohio. After his mother was widowed twice, William assisted in taking care of her and his half-siblings. William Pemberton served for three years during the Civil War. He was a sergeant in Co. F of the 100th O.V.I. He married his wife Lydia Jane about 1864 and raised a large family. Their children were: Aldred, Lucy, Melvina, Clara, William, Rachel, Charles, Edward, Vora, Rosa, Frank, Arthur, Guy, Lydia and Glen Pemberton. William was a farmer by occupation. He also served as a township officer of Spencer Township. He was listed as a trustee in 1866 and as clerk for the years 1870-72. William H. Pemberton died on 27 February 1906. His obituary in The Toledo Blade noted: "Death of Old Soldier W. H. Pemberton of Spencer Township, an old soldier, died yesterday morning of heart disease. He got up in the morning apparently well and attempted to start the day, but complained of being cold and went back to bed. After his wife made the fire she went to her husband's room and found him dead..." William Pemberton was laid to rest in Wolfinger Cemetery, Richfield Township, Lucas Co., OH. His tombstone proudly proclaimed his Civil War service: Co. F 100 R.O.V.I. W.H. PEMBERTON, DIED FEB. 27, 1906, AGE 68Y.7M.13D.

Sgt. Basil Trombla having enlisted 32 men Basil was promoted to 2nd Sgt. Basil went home for 30 days furlough and marched 22 consecutive days to reach the command. Due to the march, he was unable to go with the others to Limestone Station. He was placed on detached duty and made bread for the boys. Until the end of the war he was the baker for the division and for the hospital in Knoxville. He was a member fo the Woolford Post 51. Born 10/25/25 , he was the son of Basil and Fannie Moore and the mother of 23 children. He married Victoria in 1847 and lived in Perrysburg as a baker after the war.

Ranatus Heller was born August 20, 1842 in Tuscarawas County, Ohio to Emmanuel P. and Mary Ann Heller. The family moved to Lucas County, Ohio when he was young. At the age of 20, he enlisted in Company F, 100th Ohio Volunteer Infantry on August 8, 1862. He was appointed to the rank of Sergeant during his service. He was captured on August 6, 1864 during the Battle of Utoy Creek in Georgia.

He was sent to Andersonville Prison and he spent the remaining 8 months of the war there. He was exchanged on April 15, 1865, and sent home aboard the steamer Sultana. When the Sultana exploded on April 27, he received severe scald wounds and was taken to Adams Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. He died two days later on April 29, 1865 from the scald wounds and is buried in Memphis National Cemetery under a stone which reads Raney Heller. A memorial to him was placed on his fatherís tombstone in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Neapolis, Ohio. The Grand Army of the Republic post #284 in Whitehouse, Ohio was named in honor of him. Ranatus Hellerís brother, Oliver Heller, who served in the 68th Ohio during the Civil War, was a member of the post.

Submitted by Ranatus' ancestor, Brandi Oswald